At Cottage Industries, we know our clients want a Main Line home remodeler who will help make their renovation project as stress-free as possible. No one really enjoys construction dust or noise, people walking in and out of their home, or having their family’s routine disrupted for an extended length of time. You know it will be worth it in the end, but it can be easy to lose sight of the final result while you’re in the midst of it all.
We’ve come up with some great tips for helping our clients have an enjoyable, less stressful remodeling experience.
Choose a Main Line Home Remodeler You Can Trust
Whether it’s a kitchen transformation or a whole house renovation, there is one sure-fire way to ensure you’ll have a more gratifying remodeling experience: choose a remodeler you can trust. Working with someone who will help you feel your needs are met and your concerns are heard is vital to a successful remodel. A clearly defined working relationship at the start will reap benefits throughout the project:
- You’ll be working with a remodeler who has their heart in the right place and who knows how to make you and your family feel safe and secure through the entire process.
- The focus will remain where it should – on you and your family’s needs. Good remodelers know to keep the focus on the people they work with.
- You’ll have an understanding advocate who helps you through the emotional highs and lows that come with every project.
- A well-qualified remodeler brings with them the most talented and reliable subcontractors, such as plumbers and electricians. You never have to worry about sloppy work or incomplete jobs.
- They know how to separate the wheat from the chaff, choosing high quality products and materials that they know will best serve you for years to come.
Hire the Right Remodeler
With so many less-than-stellar companies out there, you want to make sure you hire an experienced firm that complements your family and delivers the home you want and need. How do you recognize the right contractor?
- When you contact previous clients for referrals, they are sincere in their praise and willing to share specific details.
- They’re the ones who consider your satisfaction above all else. They’re willing to go the extra mile to get you the materials you want and the design you envision.
- They stand out from others in the industry by having a remodeling process that includes buttoned-up systems for schedules and communication, meaning they stay involved in every aspect of your project. They include you in all communications between members of your construction team, so you never feel left out or uninformed.
Communication is Key
You and your remodeler need to always be on the same page. Good remodelers understand that respectful, open communication sometimes means hearing less-than-happy news. If something is bothering you, you should feel comfortable saying so. Look for a remodeler who is quick to respond to phone calls or texts, and one who is always trying to find the best solutions. Keep in mind that your remodeler would rather you bring up problems as they occur, instead of saving them up for the end. Little problems can be quickly resolved. The longer you wait, the bigger those problems can become.
Questions to Ask
These simple tasks will help you find the best Main Line home remodeler for your renovation. They can also mean the difference between complete confidence and worry-filled days.
- Ask for referrals. Ask previous clients how the remodeler made the experience a positive one, how they handled problems, and whether they would use the remodeler again.
- Look at their credentials and do your own research. Confirm that they have all the required licenses from state and local authorities, and check to see if they belong to any associations like the BBB.
- Verify their business experience and management by confirming their location and contact information; by making sure they carry professional liability insurance; and by determining if they have an established presence in the community and enjoy a trustworthy reputation among customers and peers.
If, after all your legwork, you get positive and enthusiastic responses from past clients, and the remodeler has all the traits and expertise you’re looking for, you can feel secure you’re making the right choice. And you can rest assured that you’ve just given yourself the gift of a mostly stress-free home remodel.
At Cottage Industries, we have been working hard for over a quarter century to bring our customers the quality, expertise, and personal attention they deserve. Please schedule a conversation to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.