Cottage Industries has been remodeling homes on the Main Line and in the surrounding communities for nearly three decades. As a design build company, we’re uniquely qualified to bring your vision to life. Through the years, we’ve forged lasting relationships with architects, designers, engineers, craftsmen, and artisans who bring deep knowledge and expertise to every remodel we do. We firmly believe these relationships are the key to our success.
To us, remodeling is much more than bricks and nails. It’s also about relationships. We know how happy it makes you feel to have your new kitchen or family room completed in time for the holidays. We understand it isn’t always easy when your family’s life is disrupted by dust, noise, and the comings and goings of various workers. That’s why from the first design meeting to the completion of the final punch list item, our design build approach means you have a coordinated and dedicated team working on your behalf.
The Life of a Remodeling Project
Remodeling is much more than creating a beautiful space for your family to enjoy; it also increases the value of your home and enhances your quality of life. It can represent a significant investment of time and money, so it pays to have a plan that not only fits the needs of your specific lifestyle, but also takes into consideration your budget and schedule. Our design build process does just that. Our projects run so smoothly because our team has worked together for years.
At Cottage Industries, we like to say that we are not a formula-based company, but we do have well-defined procedures in place that ensure all aspects of your project are perfectly executed. The design build system offers many advantages: accurate pricing, a design system that expedites the construction process, and a team approach to solving problems. Because your plans are designed from the start with your budget in mind, there’s no room for discouragement or disappointment when you learn a design far exceeds your means.
The following eight steps outline how we approach every project.
1. In-Home Consultation, where we assess your needs and talk about design, budget, and our general process.
2. Design Proposal, where we set out your goals and our responsibilities, and offer a path to remodeling solutions.
3. Design Phase, where we present you with schematic concepts that help define the scope of the project.
4. Construction Proposal, where you meet the team who will be performing the work on your home. We also present you with a detailed proposal with itemized cost breakdown.
5. Pre-construction Meeting, which takes place after permits are applied for. You meet your project manager and go over how the project will be managed from start to finish.
6. Construction Phase, which starts after the permits are in place. This phase covers everything from demolition to move-in.
7. Punch List of items that still need attention to get us to 100% completion.
8. 5-year Warranty that is backed up by quick service whenever you need it.
These eight steps make up the beginning, middle, and final stages of all our remodeling projects. During the design and planning stage, the team creates and fine-tunes plans and holds budget discussions. It’s followed by what we call the nuts and bolts of construction: demo to completion. The project concludes with the “finish” stage, including paint, punch list, clean-up and close-out. In our next three posts, we’ll be discussing each of these three stages in greater detail. In the meantime, if you’re ready to begin remodeling your Main Line area home, schedule a conversation with us today. We look forward to meeting you!