Home remodeling projects can be exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. Whether you’ve just completed a major renovation or made some small improvements, there are still some things to consider once the project is finished. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what steps to take after a successful home remodel so that you can get the most out of your project and make sure your space looks great for years to come.
Step 1: Clean Up Dust and Debris
The first step after a home remodel is to clean up any dust and debris left behind from the project. This includes vacuuming, mopping and wiping down all surfaces in the space. Make sure you get into those hard-to-reach places like corners and baseboards, too.
Step 2: Do Any Necessary Painting or Staining
If your new walls and surfaces require any painting or staining, now is the time to do it. Ensure you have all the necessary supplies and tools, such as drop cloths, brushes and rollers, paint pans and other materials. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for drying times so that you don’t accidentally ruin anything.
Step 3: Add Finishing Touches
Once you’ve finished painting or staining, it’s time to add the finishing touches. This includes hanging artwork, putting up window treatments and mirrors, installing flooring and carpeting and any other details that will complete the look of your remodel.
Step 4: Consider the Lighting
Lighting can make a big difference in how a space looks and feels. If you’ve installed new fixtures or light switches, now is the time to adjust them and ensure they are working properly. You may also want to consider adding lamps, sconces or even changing out existing lightbulbs for energy-efficient LED bulbs.
Step 5: Take Stock of Your Furniture
Now that your remodel is finished, it’s time to take stock of not only the architectural design but also the furniture in the space. If you have any existing pieces that are still in good condition, you may want to rearrange them or even repurpose them for a new purpose. You may also want to consider buying new furniture or accessories if necessary.
Step 6: Arrange and Organize
Once you’ve taken stock of your furniture, it’s time to arrange and organize. Think about how you want the space to flow and consider any storage needs that may need to be addressed. This can include everything from organizing drawers and cabinets to rearranging furniture or adding shelves or other storage pieces.
Step 7: Inspect and Evaluate
Once you’ve finished arranging and organizing, it’s time to inspect and evaluate your work. Make sure that all of your fixtures and surfaces are in good condition and that all of the electrical and plumbing systems are functioning properly. You want everything to be safe and secure.
Step 8: Enjoy Your New Space
Finally, after all of the hard work you’ve put into your home remodel, it’s time to enjoy your new space. Invite friends and family over to show off the changes and start living life in your newly renovated space!
Other Upgrades to Consider After a Home Remodel
In addition to the steps listed above, there are a few other upgrades you may want to consider after a home remodel. These include:
- Landscaping. If you’ve just completed a remodel, now is the perfect time to consider landscaping your outdoor space. Think about adding flowers, trees and shrubs to add color and texture to your yard.
- Exterior Paint and Siding. If your home remodel was focused on the interior, now is a great time to think about the exterior of your home. Consider painting or replacing the siding for added curb appeal.
- Outdoor Living Spaces. Don’t limit your home to the indoors. Think about what outdoor living spaces you might use, such as patios, decks or outdoor kitchens. This is a great way to extend your living space and get more use out of your yard.
- Home Security. If you’ve just completed a home remodel, it may be a good time to consider upgrading your home security. This can include installing motion-sensing lights, surveillance cameras or even a monitored alarm system.
- Roofing. If you want to save money on your energy bills and improve your curb appeal, consider upgrading your roof. A roof repair or replacement is a worthwhile investment in the long run.
The Benefits of a Home Remodel
Now that we’ve discussed the steps to take after a successful home remodel in Wayne, PA, let’s talk about the benefits. A home remodel can provide many advantages, such as:
- Improved Functionality. With a home remodel, you can enjoy more functional, livable spaces. This includes larger rooms, better lighting, improved flooring and countertops and more.
- Higher Home Value. Remodeling can also help increase the value of your home. By making improvements, you’re investing in your property and this will be reflected when it comes time to sell.
- Increased Curb Appeal. If you’ve made any exterior improvements, it will likely increase the curb appeal of your home. This can make a big difference when potential buyers come to view your property.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Home After a Remodel
You’ve put in the work, so don’t let it go to waste. Here are some additional tips to get the most out of your home after completing your remodeling project:
- Keep your home clean and organized.
- Consider adding energy-efficient features such as LED lights or solar panels.
- Add plants and other decorative elements to personalize the space.
- Stay up-to-date with maintenance and repairs.
Now that you know the steps to take after a successful home remodel in Wayne, PA, it’s time to get started. For all of your remodeling needs, trust Cottage Industries Inc. to do the job. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship so that you can be sure your project will turn out just as you envisioned it, even for things like historic restorations. Send us a message or give us a call at (610) 293-9750 to get started on your next home improvement project!