A pool house is a freestanding structure that’s separate from your main house and is located within close proximity of the pool. Whether you’re dreaming of creating a personal oasis for relaxation or an entertainment hub for summertime gatherings, it can be the perfect addition to your backyard. Expert design builders Cottage Industries, Inc. explain the benefits of and factors to consider when building a pool house.
Why Even Build a Pool House?
Think of the convenience a pool house could offer. No more wet footprints through your main home, or scrambling for towels, floats or other pool accessories — everything is within arm’s reach. Not to mention, a pool house can be a relaxing haven. Just imagine curling up with a good book in a comfortable lounge chair after a refreshing swim.
Also, a pool house isn’t just about functionality. It’s a prime spot for entertaining guests. Picture a summer barbecue with the grill sizzling, the pool sparkling in the sun and everyone enjoying the indoor and outdoor spaces your pool house affords. You can even ask kitchen remodeling professionals to build an outdoor kitchen for your new space.
Plus, a pool house can substantially increase your property value. It’s a strong selling point that sets your home apart in the real estate market.
What Should I Consider Before Building a Pool House?
Having a pool house built requires careful and thoughtful planning with the help of expert design-builders. This involves taking into account the following factors:
- Make Sure Your Pool House Construction Is Legal. Reviewing the local zoning and building codes beforehand is helpful to ensure the pool house of your dreams is built within the legal framework. Failure to adhere to these regulations may force you to make changes that you hadn’t initially planned.
- Make Sure the Design Blends With Your Home. You’ll want the pool house design to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your home. Elements like rooflines, windows and shutters should harmonize with your property’s exterior elements, including the landscaping.
- Consider the Cost and Your Budget. The cost of adding a pool house can vary widely, depending on size, style and the materials you choose. You’ll also need to factor in the cost of furnishings to include in the new space.
- Consider the Placement of Your Pool House. When you plan the placement of your pool house, consider how close it should be from the pool. Bear in mind the safety aspects, e.g., a comfortable distance for supervising children, and avoiding dangerous pathways or obstructions that could lead to tripping. By having the pool house in close proximity with the pool, it becomes more convenient for you to store items you can grab when you’re ready to take a dip. Alternatively, you may store the pool accessories elsewhere and make the pool house an island of relaxation and entertainment.
- Create a Space That Reflects Your Style. Whether you prefer a modern, rustic or traditional look, your pool house can be customized to reflect your style. Think about the colors, materials and accents to bring out your personal flair. And don’t forget the added convenience of features such as built-in cabinetry, storage solutions and weather-resistant fabrics.
Get in Touch With Us!
Cottage Industries, Inc. has the expertise and experience to bring whatever you envision for your home to life. Whether you’re considering kitchen or bathroom remodeling, or outdoor living space improvements like a pool house addition, we’re committed to creating a design that meets your needs and budget. Just give us a ring at (610) 293-9750, or write to us using this contact form to get started.